389th Bombardment Group at Hethel
There are several good histories of the 389th Bomb Group available at the Second Air Division Memorial Library.
Among those histories are:
- 389th BG: Blue Book
- Peter Bodle and Paul Wilson: The 389th Bomb Group in Norfolk: A Pictorial History
- Paul Wilson and Ron Mackay: The Sky Scorpions: The Story of the 389th Bomb Group in World War II
Information about the individual bases comes from from George H Fox's 8th Air Force Remembered: An illustrated guide to the memorials, memorabilia and main airfields of the US 8th Air Force in England in WW2 (London: ISO Publications, 1991).
For more on the history of the airfield, see:
- Martin Bowman: Bomber Bases of WW2: 2nd Air Division 8th Air Force USAAF 1942-45
- Michael Bowyer: Action Stations Revisited: No 1 Eastern England
- Ken Delve: The Military Airfields of Britain: East Anglia (Norfolk and Suffolk)
- Roger Freeman: Airfields of the Eighth Then and Now