446th Bombardment Group at Bungay
Bibliography and website
There are several good histories of the 446th Bomb Group available for use in the Second Air Division Memorial Library.
Among those histories are:
- Peter Bodle and Alan Hague: The 446th Bomb Group in Suffolk: A Pictorial History
- Ed Castens: The 446th Revisited
- Harold E Jansen (comp): The History of the 446th Bomb Group (H), 1943-1945
Information about the individual bases comes from from George H Fox's 8th Air Force Remembered: An illustrated guide to the memorials, memorabilia and main airfields of the US 8th Air Force in England in WW2 (London: ISO Publications, 1991).
For more on the history of the airfield, see:
- Martin Bowman: Bomber Bases of WW2: 2nd Air Division 8th Air Force USAAF 1942-45
- Michael Bowyer: Action Stations Revisited: No 1 Eastern England
- Ken Delve: The Military Airfields of Britain: East Anglia (Norfolk and Suffolk)
- Roger Freeman: Airfields of the Eighth Then and Now
If you are interested in the story of the 446th, you can read more at the 446th Bomb Group Assocation's website.